What do we do with your information?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the sales and delivery process, we collect personal information that you provide such as your name, address, mobile number and email address.
Marketing Email Campaigns
We may from time to time send digital marketing email campaigns to subscribers who have opted in, to update on latest products and special offers from Gingersnaps. In addition, subscribers may also have the opportunity to receive updates and offers from third parties sites that are in collaboration with Gingersnaps. All subscribers will have the option of opting out of receiving such updates at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions in the marketing emails.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of our continuing relationship with you, we collect your Customer Data, as may be applicable. Customer Data are either Personal Information or Non-Personal Information:
- Personal Information is any information from which the identity of an individual can be reasonably and directly ascertained, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual, such as name, gender, date of birth, address, telephone/mobile number, email address, proof of identification, etc. It also includes information about:
- the services provided to you, such as, the platform for ordering, location information, and certain information about your account, as required by law;
- the location of your device whenever you are connected to our platform/site; and
- your use of our network, platform, network performance experience, diagnostics, such as: site speed, landing pages, data failures, exit pages, data analytics and other site performance issues to help us improve our site/network and quality of products and services, determine tailored content, and for other legitimate business purposes.
- Non-Personal Information is any information that does not identify you individually, and includes statistical and analytical data, and anonymous and aggregate reports.
- Some of our third party partners (including advertisers and marketing services companies) may set and access Cookies and similar technologies on your computer as well, or we may do so on their behalf. We do not have control over how these third parties use such Cookies and similar technologies or the information derived therefrom.
- IP Address Your Internet Protocol ("IP") address is usually associated with the place from which you enter the Internet, like your Internet Service Provider or your company. Our server may also record the referring page that linked you to us (e.g. another website or search engine); the pages you visit on the our site, the web sites you visit after this website; the ads you see; the ads you click on; other information about the type of web browser, computer operating system, device, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms you have entered on this web site or a referral site; and other web usage activity and data logged by our web servers. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, gather broad demographic information, analyze trends among our Users to help us improve and administer the site. We may also link this information with your Personally Identifiable Information when we feel that it is necessary to enforce compliance with our rules and policies or terms of service or to protect our site, customers or others.
- Third Party Tracking Tools We may also use third party tracking tools to improve the performance and features of the site. These third party tracking tools are designed to collect only Non-Personal Information about your use of the site. However, you understand that such tools are created and managed by parties outside our control. As such, we are not responsible for what information is actually captured by such third parties or how such third parties use and protect that information
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we may use Customer Data to, among others:
- Provide ecommerce services, including customer support;
- Enhance your customer experience and determine tailored content to meet your preferences and needs;
- Communicate relevant services and/or advisories to you;
- Abide by any safety, security, public service or legal requirements and processes; and
- Process information for statistical, analytical, and research purposes.
- We may (and you authorize us to) share or disclose Personally Identifiable Information about you to other companies or individuals in the following situations:
- We utilize third-party service providers to provide products, services, or functions on our behalf (such as sending emails or processing credit cards, or fulfilling subscriptions), and ask these service providers to agree to maintain the confidentiality of your Personally Identifiable Information and not to use your Personally Identifiable Information for any reason except to carry out the purpose(s) for which we hired them. ("Service Provider Exception")
- You have entered a promo or a contest sponsored by us or a third party, in which case the information you provide via the promo/contest may be shared by us with that third party for their use in their discretion, including direct marketing. Some of our promos and contests will ask you at the time of entry whether you would like to have your personal information shared with the sponsor, in which case we will honor your selection. Other contests will not give you that option and in that event, if you do not want your information to be shared, you should not enter the contest. The privacy policies of such third party companies apply to their use and disclosure of your information that we collect and disclose to such third party companies.
- The entity to whom the information is disclosed is our affiliate.
- In accordance with your indicated preferences (e.g., you indicated you wanted to receive promotional materials directly from a third party partner).
- The entity is a third party who wants to promote goods and services we think would be of interest to you.
- You have furnished us Personally Identifiable Information with the intent that it be forwarded to a third party for use in connection with a specified service you are electing to participate in (examples include, without limitation, e-commerce partners, online contest partners, services to help old friends locate you online, etc.)
- We may be legally required to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal processes; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our Legal Terms; (d) necessary to protect us from any legal action or claims from third parties including you and/or other Members; and/or (e) we have reason to believe that it is necessary for protection from someone who may be causing injury to someone or interfering with our rights or the rights of our users, employees, our affiliates, and the general public, or using our services in violation of a legal or personal right, including our Terms and Conditions (collectively, "Legal Exceptions").
- Delivery of Advertising and Other Content. In addition to ads and content that we serve you directly, we use third-party advertising companies and marketing services companies to serve ads and other content when you visit our Site. Both we and these companies may use information about your visits to this site and elsewhere to serve ads and other content to you. In the course of doing so, a unique third-party Cookie may be placed or recognized on your browser by such companies.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- To opt out of ads on Facebook, Pinterest, or Google that are targeted to your interests, use your Facebook, Pinterest, or Google Ads settings.
- If you are using your mobile device, check your mobile device for settings that control ads based on your interactions with the applications on your device. For example, on your iOS device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting, and on your Android device, enable the “Opt out of Ads Personalization” setting.
- Email Policy. If you wish to opt-out of our email services, you may do so by following the unsubscribe instructions in the email you received. We agree that we will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third-party partners without your permission.
- Account Registration. You may elect to change the details of your account registration at any time by logging in and editing your Account Profile. If you wish to cancel or delete your Account Registration, you may contact us below. Please take note that when we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may be retained in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
- Exceptions. If you have opted-out as described above, and thereafter you elect to use a service or promotion that requires us to contact you or share your information with a third party (e.g., you enter a promo or a contest), then your previous opt-out preferences will not apply to such service. Despite your indicated preferences, we may send you service-related communications, including notices about your subscription, and we may continue disclosing your information to third parties under the Service Provider Exception, Legal Exception, and Acquisition Exception described above.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices with proper safeguards to ensure confidentiality and privacy; prevent the loss, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed, and comply with the requirements of the law.
We only permit your Customer Data to be accessed or processed by our authorized personnel who hold such information under strict confidentiality. We restrict access to information to our employees, contractors, and agents who need to know such information in order to process it for us, who are subject to strict contractual and technical safeguards and are accountable if they fail to meet these.
We keep our records as accurate as possible. If your Personal Information is wrong, we give you ways to update it. Once you have registered as our customer, you may access your account details and correct your Personal Information by visiting our website.
We keep your Personal Information in our business records, as may be applicable, while you are a customer, or as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or while it is needed by us for business, tax, or legal purposes. When disposing of your Personal Information, we take reasonable measures to ensure that it is done properly and is not accessible to the public.
We are not responsible for information, content, application, product, or service that we do not provide. But because we care for you and protect you, we take measures to fight spam, fraud or any unauthorized transaction that traverses our network.
Our store is hosted on Prestashop. They provide us with an online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Prestashop’s data storage, databases, and the general Prestashop application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use, and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. If you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Questions and Contact Information